Wednesday 4 November 2015

Life Skills & Value Education – Module – 4/2015-16

LIFE SKILLS & VALUE EDUCATION
 MODULE – 4/2015-16
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Responsibility (An Essential Life Skill)
When you think of the word “responsibility”, what comes to mind? Getting your school assignments done on time? Helping your family with the daily chores? Watching out for your little brother or sister? Responsibility definitely means all those things, but it means something more too.  Responsibility is also about looking inside yourself and doing all you can to be the best person possible. And trying to see what you can do to help others.  In short, when you practice responsibility, you’re on your way to making your life the very best it can be!
Here are some fantastic quotes about responsibility for you and the tremendous impact it can have!
·         “The time is always right to do what is right” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
·         “When you blame others, you give up your power to change.”–
- Author Unknown
·         “When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.” – Louis Nizer
·         “Never point a finger where you never lent a hand.” – Robert Brault
·         “If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams.” – Les Brown
·          “Winners take responsibility.  Losers blame others.” – Brit Hume
·         “In the final analysis, the one quality that all successful people have is the ability to take on responsibility.” – Michael Korda
·         “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.” – Bob Dylan
·         “The price of greatness is responsibility.” – Winston Churchill
·         “Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.”
Bruce Lee
·         “Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home… it’s your responsibility to love it, or change it.” – Chuck Palahniuk
·         “Every person who has changed the world has taken responsibility for something that mattered not just to them, but to mankind.” – Mike Stutman
·         “There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.” – Denis Waitley
·         “With great power comes great responsibility.” – Voltaire
·         “It is not only for what we do that we are held responsible, but also for what we do not do.” – Moliere
·         “Nothing will ever change while you point the finger of blame.  Out of responsibility comes possibility.” – Lisa Villa Prosen                               
·         “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
·         “Leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses.”Mitt Romney

Responsibility Song (Children, you must learn this, by-heart)
I am responsible, I am reliable
I always follow through, with what I say I’m gonna do
I am dependable, I hold myself accountable
I take responsibility, and do what needs to be done
I show self-control, use good judgment
I think about the consequences of my actions
Responsibility, it is my duty
Fulfilling all of my moral obligations
If mess up I will always fess up
I will keep my head up, I’m never gonna give up
It is my duty and responsibility to follow through
You can count on me to do what I say that I’m gonna do
I never make excuses, when everything goes wrong
I take responsibility and don’t blame anyone
I put the blame on me, stand up and take the lead
Come now and follow me, let’s make this a priority
I show self-control, use good judgment
I think about the consequences of my actions
Responsibility, it is my duty
Fulfilling all of my moral obligations

Responsibility Pledge

*                 If I borrow something              →                     I’ll bring it back
*                 If I use something                                           I’ll put it away.
*                 If I open it                                   →                     I’ll close it
*                 If I turn it on                              →                     I’ll turn it off
*                 If I make a mess                         →                     I’ll tidy it up
*                 If I did it                                      →                     I’ll own up to it (I’ll admit)
*                 If I hurt someone                       →                     I’ll apologise
*                 If I want a good friend              →                     I’ll be a good friend first
*                 If I start it                                    →                     I’ll finish it
*                 If I make a mistake                    →                     I’ll learn from it
*                 If I don’t understand                 →                     I’ll ask for help
*                 If I want to improve                  →                     I’ll ask, “Where to next?”




No comments:

Post a Comment